Every election cycle brings another round of candidates claiming to be “the conservative leader” for Texas. However, you and I know that actions speak louder than words. Throughout my life of public service, most recently as your Lieutenant Governor, I have relied on my core conservative principles to help Texas grow into a national leader in energy production, job growth, and economic strength.
Under my leadership, the Texas Senate has helped strengthen our state’s foundation with essential conservative legislation:
- Balanced six straight budgets. Unlike Washington, Texas knows the economic impact of fiscal responsibility.
- Increased Border Security Funding. We fought to increase border security funding by nearly $800 million when Washington failed to act.
- Fought Against Obamacare Expansion. We opposed the expansion of Medicaid and I will continue to stand strong against the federal overreach of Obamacare’s rules and state mandates.
- Passed landmark Tort Reform. Texas set the national standard in limiting malpractice damages. As a result, more than 30,000 new doctors have registered to practice medicine in Texas.
- Cut taxes for all Texans. I have cut taxes 54 times, including a 2006 property tax reduction that ranks as the largest in state history.
- Protected the unborn. Together, we passed a series of laws protecting the life of the preborn and the health of Texas women, including ending abortions after 20 weeks.
These are just a few examples of how a true conservative leads. Limited government combined with your hard work have made Texas the nation’s shining star for freedom and opportunity. Real leadership is marked by sound policy, not sound bites. I’m committed to working with you to continue our shared conservative successes now and for generations to come.
If you believe that together we can continue to build a stronger Texas, please consider endorsing me today: http://daviddewhurst.com/endorse-david-dewhurst-for-lt-governor